The Danish FSA Sub-Agency Register (pdf - in Danish)
From 1 January 2005, undertakings who want to mediate insurance products are required to register in a public register of insurance brokers.
The Danish FSA website provides access to:
- The Danish Insurance Association's Insurance Agency Register
- The Danish FSA Insurance and Reinsurance Brokers Register
- The Danish FSA Insurance Agency Register
The Danish FSA Insurance Agency Register
The regulations in EU Directive 2002/92/EC of 9 December 2002 on insurance mediation were implemented into Danish legislation with the Insurance Mediation Act (Act no. 362 of 19 May 2004).
This Act entered into force on 1 January 2005 and was amended most recently by Consolidated Act no. 817 of 14 July 2006 on insurance mediation.
With the Consolidated Insurance Mediation Act any sub-agency or management company which enters into a contract on sales of insurance products with an insurance agency must register in a public register (Sub-Agency Register).
Sub-agencies are not allowed to mediate insurance unless the sub-agency or the management company has been registered.
The Danish FSA keeps an electronic register of sub-agencies and management companies.
The register includes the following information:
- The names of insurance agencies/management companies listed in alphabetical order.
- The address and central business register (CVR) number of each undertaking.
- For each insurance agency/management company, a list of every country in which the insurance agency/management company has entered into a sub-agency agreement with an undertaking or a management company (only countries within the European Union, or with which the Community has entered into an agreement for the financial area).
For each insurance agency/management company, the name, address and possible central business register (CVR) number of the sub-agencies and management companies that have signed a sub-agency agreement on sales of insurance products with the insurance agency/management company.
- Moreover the name(s) of the person(s) responsible for insurance mediation are stated for each sub-agency.
The Danish FSA Sub-Agency Register can be downloaded from the Danish FSA website as a PDF file for viewing in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Searches in the Register are made using the search function in Adobe Acrobat Reader.