Download The Danish FSA Insurance and Reinsurance Broker Register (pdf - in Danish)
The register was last updated on 22 October 2012.
As of 22 October 2012, the register includes 150 active broker undertakings with a total of 502 brokers in their employment.
From 1 January 2005, undertakings who want to mediate insurance products are required to register in a public register of insurance broker undertakings.
The Danish FSA website provides access to:
- The Danish Insurance Association's Insurance Agency Register
- The Danish FSA Insurance and Reinsurance Broker Register
- The Danish FSAs Insurance Agency Register
The Insurance and Reinsurance Broker Register
The regulations in EU Directive 2002/92/EC of 9 December 2002 on insurance mediation were implemented into Danish legislation with the Insurance Mediation Act (Act no. 362 of 19 May 2004).
This Act entered into force on 1 January 2005 and has been amended most recently by Consolidated Act no. 817 of 14 July 2006 on insurance mediation.
The Consolidated Insurance Mediation Act means that only undertakings and persons who have been given authorisation by the Danish FSA may carry out insurance broker activities.
From 1 January 2005, you will also need authorisation from the Danish FSA to carry out reinsurance broker activities.
Undertakings and persons that carry out insurance and/or reinsurance broker activities are subject to Danish FSA supervision and are required to register in a publicly available register.
The Danish FSA keeps an electronic register of insurance and reinsurance broker undertakings, including the brokers they employ.
The register includes the following information:
Undertakings with authorisation, listed in alphabetical order.
The following is stated for each undertaking:
The following is stated for each insurance or reinsurance broker undertaking:
The Danish FSA Insurance and Reinsurance Broker Register can be downloaded from the Danish FSA website as a PDF file for viewing in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Searches in the Register are made using the search function in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- the name, address, central business register (CVR) number, and the legal form of the undertaking
- the date of authorisation by the Danish FSA to mediate non-life insurance, life-insurance, and/or reinsurance in non-life and/or life insurance
- a list of the countries in which insurance and/or reinsurance mediation is carried out (only countries within the European Union, or with which the Community has entered into an agreement for the financial area).
- the name(s) of the person(s) that have been authorised by the Danish FSA as employed life or non-life insurance brokers within direct insurance mediation or reinsurance mediation, including the authorisation date
- the name(s) of the person(s) that are responsible for the insurance mediation.