Alternative investment fund managers can apply for authorisation to market alternative investment funds to retail investors in Denmark according to the Sections 5 (4) and 5 a of the Alternative Investment Fund Managers etc. Act and the Executive Order nr. 797 of the 26 June 2014.
- Alternative Investment Fund Managers etc. Act.
- Executive Order nr. 797 of the 26 June 2014 on authorisation for alternative investment fund managers to market to retail investors in Denmark (pdf)
The Danish FSA has prepared an application form to be used when applying for the authorisation to market the alternative investment funds to retail investors.
- Download the application form here (fill-in-the-blanks pdf)
The application may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternative investment fund managers who market funds established in another country in Denmark are subject to the fee in accordance with Chapter 22 of the Danish Financial Business Act.
A fund manager must pay the following:
- An annual base fee of DKK 2.000 in 2004 prices for each alternative investment fund
- An annual base fee of DKK 2.000 in 2004 prices for each sub-fund that is marketed in Denmark
The fees are adjusted on a yearly basis. For more information regarding the fees and current fee levels please refer to:
- Financing and collection of fees
- Financing and collection of fees > Frequently asked questions about fees